Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Inactivity May Be The Kiss Of Death


office movements illustration

The Guardian article, forwarded to me by Dr. John, referred to below is very much on point because it reminds us of a fact that we all know, namely, exercise is good for us.  From my own experience I observed that my pumping (systolic) pressure usually drops 20+ mmHg, after a one-hour walk.  Our mostly sedentary lifestyle, associated with office work, and similar, creates a variety of problems, it appears. Doctors have always urged us to exercise, only to end up prescribing some medication for whatever ails us because we refused to listen.

I don't know about you but I will read through the article and incorporate what makes sense, and what I can do, considering my physical capabilities.  If you value good health, it is time to do something about it; let us surprise our doctor at our next visit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/06/exercise-health-move-all-day-standing-desk

We can do this, at least some of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment