Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Against Update No. 4

Aloha all,

To-date I have communicated with Councilman Pete Hoffmann, the office of the mayor, and with Frank Demarco, the new Director of Environmental Management.  I have received responses from the former two, and await a reply from Frank Demarco, whom I have contacted today by email.

I have invited them to visit our web-site, and help us stop this unwanted project. So far, the communications were frank and friendly, and I will follow-up on all input received thus far.  My understanding is, nothing is yet set in concrete, as far as the planned waste facility is concerned.  Strong input by the affected residents will have an impact on this issue.

Please talk to your friends and neighbors, and if they don't have a computer, help them by registering their opposition to this planned waste facility within 700 yards from homes, in Ainakea.

We know from Waste Steam's handout that they have ten people in favor of this project.  We know from talking briefly to about 100 local residents, only one was in favor.  We have so far registered 17 residents, while it is more than 10, it is not good enough.  Let us all get the word out and ensure a strong registered opposition.  It's easy, once people understand the issue, they want to register their opposition, I know, I have done it several times already.

No comments:

Post a Comment