Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Computers Get 90% of Medical Attention

Thank you, Dr. John for bringing this to my attention.  Instinctively, I thought, I knew the amount of time Doctors have to play with computers because once or twice a year I sit in one of those over-air-conditioned rooms, waiting for somebody to appear.  When they do, after a quick hello, their attention goes to the electronic box.  I witnessed where a simple task like writing a prescription, can eat-up a lot of time; a pen and a prescription pad was so much more efficient, in the primitive days gone by.  I never imagined that the time spent on computers, by doctors, is really that much.

Well, enough from me.  Please watch this video, to learn from ZDogg, MD, how things really are.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/blogs/zdoggmd/81745

With all this (sophisticated?) technology, we still manage to kill well-over 250, 000 people a year because of medical errors.  Go figure.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

No comments:

Post a Comment