Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

Report From Peter Klika, Esq.

Aloha,
Sorry for the delay. I've been preparing for a mountain expedition to Nepal. I leave Tuesday and have been a bit crazed with last minute details. There will be an article in the next Kohala Mountain News  about the committee's work to date. The short version is that about six potential new sites are being considered all of which are west of Hawi Hill Road. In addition, expanding the existing facility is still an option but may not be the best site for way in the future as the community grows. The old proposed site near Ainakea remains off the table but a very remote possibility if there are no other suitable sites. I am confidant there are other more suitable sites and will never support  the old proposed site which is too close to Ainakea and unsuitable for many other reasons. I will return in mid-May and it is unlikely I will be able to add any additional information until then as I will have no way to communicate from Cho-Oyu basecamp. Aloha. Peter .

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Peter, there are more suitable sites, but, I am afraid, none will fit the plans of the parties involved. Why do I think this way? My dealings with the interest group's key players left me very disappointed. Without a doubt, it is not the community they are concerned about. The fact that they know that the entire community is against this project site, and yet they refuse to remove this site from their agenda permanently, is evidence of their lack of community spirit, and shows their private self-interest.

    ReplyDelete