Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

In Contrast To The #MeToo Movement

I can fully understand the agenda of the " #metoo" movement, but I shall never understand why some women are upset because certain entities do not believe that they had, as discussed, in one instance, during a  TV interview, "unprotected vaginal sex".  It appears, these women hang on their stories, until the value of the guy goes up, and then cash in, when selling their stories in the future, to the highest bidder.  They need to get their story out, not to vindicate themselves, like others have done, but for money.  I am lost for a description for these kinds of women; I tried several categories, but non were applicable, probably because this is a new phenomenon, or new low.  Visions of Sodom and Gomorrah come to mind, when one is exposed to this kind of sexual information overload.

What is really mind-boggling is that the national news outlets cover every detail of their stories, with no end in sight; in fact, they do a much better job of it than the well-known tabloids.  The sad story is, a news broadcast is not to act like a tabloid, but to present news worth watching.  I appreciate that apart from some tragedies, they really have not much to talk about, save Donald Trump; making up stories out of thin air, is not that easy after-all, so what is left?  You guessed it, not much, hence, the jump on these tabloid opportunities about which they will talk for weeks, or until another tabloid story comes along.  These stories don't just fall from a tree, they have to be searched for, and paid for; we the viewers seem to get not enough of them.

Myself, I always walk by these tabloid stands, thankful that I don't spend money on this trash, but I draw a line, when this kind of garbage is streamed into my home, simply because I want to listen to real news, only to get disappointed by ABC, NBC, CNN, FOX, etc.  Have we all become so mentally degenerated, that we really need to watch these junk news casts because this is all we understand?  Is real old-fashioned news over our heads, and news outlets want to give us the trash, we understand and apparently enjoy?

Nowadays, when I want to watch  the news, I no longer refer to it by its name of the past ('News'), but to the Comedy Hour.  Needless to say, I prefer International News Channels, these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment